Sunday, September 19, 2010

Grateful Dead-The Complete 1989 Hampton “Warlocks” Box Set


 
Ok so basically I have been waiting for this show to come out on some kind of CD or digital format since I was about rhe ripe old age of 17.  I rememberng going to L,I, trading taps with Van however I finally get rewarded.  Not only does my favourite 80s show (next to 3.31.87) exist now but the Dead decided to issue the whole run (6 CDs) at Hampton Coleseum in Virginia 1989.



I'd say the first two tracks that open this six CD monster are a bit shaky and you can see the band getting there ground and realizing thier musical surroundings.  Hell, even Bobby sounded like he was seventeen again and thats fine by me. All of the sudden "Birdsong" starts and the rest of this disc pretty much sets the pace for a very spacy first set of the run at VA.  This is a must have for any Dead fan.  They never reall caught this much fire forma performance again.  Save for some 1990 shows.   Oh and of course they bring back DArk Star from like seven years ago.  Lsiten to Disc five and you can hear the whole place go nuts on the opening of this song. Get it...

No comments: